Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
Entered for safe-keeping for healthier appetizers. From Evelyn Tribole's "More Healthy Homestyle Cooking".
- 6 ounces plum baby food, preferably strained plums with apples (1 jar)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a small saucepan, combine the plums, brown sugar, vinegar, ginger, and garlic.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- When cool, remove and discard the ginger.