Ryan T's Note:
Here is a lower-fat version of the traditional pie crust -- found in the magazine Cooking Light -- see if you like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Combine 1/4C flour, water and vinegar with a whisk until well blended.
- 3Combine 3/4C flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl; cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 4Add the water slurry, and toss with a fork until flour mixture is moist.
- 5Gently press mixture into a 4" circle on heavy-duty plastic wrap; cover with add'l wrap and roll dough into a 12" circle. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- 6Remove 1 sheet of plastic wrap; let stand for 1 minute or until dough is pliable. Fit dough, plastic-wrap side up, into a 9" pie plate or tart pan. Fold edges under or flute decoratively. Line bottom of dough with a piece of foil; arrange pie weights on foil.
- 7Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes or until edge is lightly browned. Remove pie weights and foil. Cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lighter Pie Crust from Cooking Light Magazine
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.4
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 73.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 1.6 g