Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Bethenny Frankel is from The Real Housewives of New York City. She is also a natural food chef and cooks for many celebrities. I love pasta, especially when it doesn't have all the guilt attached. Enjoy!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bottled marinara sauce, preferably no-sugar-added
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk or 1 1⁄2 cups plain soymilk
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb whole-grain penne
- 1⁄4 cup vodka (inexpensive)
- 1⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add salt when simmering.
- Warm marinara in a saucepan over medium heat. Slowly add milk, stirring until combined. Bring to a simmer, then lower heat; simmer until sauce reduces slightly. Add crushed red pepper.
- Add penne to boiling water. Cook until almost done; add vodka to marinara mixture, and raise heat slightly. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- In a large bowl, toss pasta with sauce and Parmigiano-Reggiano, adding some reserved water to thin sauce, if needed. Garnish with parsley, and serve.
Without a doubt a delicious recipe that we very much enjoyed, easy to prepare, a great mid-week dinner, thank you! Made for Think Pink 2014
Yum! This was super simple and very good. I loved the crushed red pepper that gave it a nice bite. Thanks for sharing, Nif. Made for Think Pink 2014.
This is a great recipe! I made it for dinner last night and we both enjoyed it very much. I cut back on the red pepper flakes, our preferance. I had just bought a large chunk of Parmesan cheese and was so anxious to have it, so everything was great. Great recipe!