Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I worked to lighten Pecan Crusted Chicken With Praline Cream and loved the results. Still not a healthy meal but oh so elegant and wonderful for a special occasion! Hope you enjoy!
- 236.59 ml pecans, crushed
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 59.14 ml oil
- 236.59 ml flour
- 4.92 ml dried thyme, chopped
- 4.92 ml dried basil, chopped
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml water
- 118.29 ml low-fat milk
- 59.14 ml pecans, chopped
- 59.14 ml praline liqueur
- 354.88 ml fat free Greek yogurt
- Combine flour and pecans and season to taste using salt, pepper, thyme and basil.
- In mixing bowl combine egg, water and milk. Using a wire whisk whip ingredients until well blended.Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in egg wash and then in pecan flour shaking off excess.
- In heavy skillet heat oil over medium heat. Pan fry chicken until golden brown on both sides for approximately 7 to 10 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- Drain all but 1 teaspoon of oil from skillet keeping pan drippings. Add pecans and saute 1 minute. Remove from heat and deglaze with praline liqueur.
- Return to flame being careful as liqueur will ignite.
- Add yogurt and bring to a simmer. Season to taste using salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breast in the center of a ten inch plate and top with a dollop of the praline cream.