Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Everyday Food Light. A nice, healthy meal.
Make and share this Lighter Meatloaf With Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg white
- 3⁄4 lb ground sirloin
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 lb potato, peeled and sliced 1/2 in thick
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Chop carrots, celery, onion and panko and egg white in a food processor until fully combined. Transfer to a bowl. Add beef, salt and pepper.
- Form mixture into a loaf on a baking sheet. Brush with barbecue sauce. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until loaf is 160 degrees in the middle. Brush with sauce again halfway through.
- In a saucepan, boil potatoes until done, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and return to pan. Mash with buttermilk until creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Steam green beans until tender in a steamer on the stove or in a glass bowl in the microwave with a little water, covered loosely with parchment paper. About 4 to 6 minute Transfer to a bowl. Toss with 1 tbs olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve meatloaf with mashed potatoes and green beans.