Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made these cookies for my mother who is just plain sick of my fathers low carb diet. She has been begging me to make something "carby" for her for about a month now, and it has been driving me crazy. So, I decided to indulge her with these, and it worked!
- Preheat oven to 350F, line 1 or two cookie sheets with none stick foil, or lightly greaced foil.
- In a medium bowl, vigorously stir together the butter, sugar, and sour cream.
- Add the maple syrup and extract.
- Gently fold in the flour, salt, baking powder, and chips (do not over mix!).
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the dough onto the cookie sheet (s) and press them down to about 1/4 inch thinkness.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes of until golden.
My husband LOVED these even though he doesn't usually like sweets much. They were also a very big hit with friends who tried them. I used wholemeal flour and replaced the sour cream with natural yoghurt because it's what I had on hand. Next time I'll cut the sugar down to half a cup because there's so much chocolate in them. All up, very tasty, very easy cookies.
These are certainly easy to put together! I made the recipe as written and the cookies definately need at least 10 minutes, even 12, in the oven. I have a strong suspicsion that the brown sugar could likely be cut in half with no adverse affect - the maple flavor is spot on.
These cookies are soft and chewy. It was easy to make alright and since I was watching my sugar, I used sugar free maple syrup. Since most cookie recipes require alot of sugar and having to use cups of sugar substitutes comes out a bit expensive, having a recipe that calls for maple syrup instead is indeed great. Thank you.