Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
I made these cookies for my mother who is just plain sick of my fathers low carb diet. She has been begging me to make something "carby" for her for about a month now, and it has been driving me crazy. So, I decided to indulge her with these, and it worked!
Top Review by jawelsh1
My husband LOVED these even though he doesn't usually like sweets much. They were also a very big hit with friends who tried them. I used wholemeal flour and replaced the sour cream with natural yoghurt because it's what I had on hand. Next time I'll cut the sugar down to half a cup because there's so much chocolate in them. All up, very tasty, very easy cookies.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon maple extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F, line 1 or two cookie sheets with none stick foil, or lightly greaced foil.
- In a medium bowl, vigorously stir together the butter, sugar, and sour cream.
- Add the maple syrup and extract.
- Gently fold in the flour, salt, baking powder, and chips (do not over mix!).
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the dough onto the cookie sheet (s) and press them down to about 1/4 inch thinkness.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes of until golden.