Recipe by Red Chef Mama
I have a full fat version of this posted, this one is equally as good and safe for weight watchers. I came up with it on the weight watchers website and if serving 4 people it is 5 points per serving.
Top Review by mommycook #2
for a low fat version it was a lot better that i had thought. My kids loved it. I would agree with adding a little seasoning. i did use low fat sour cream its not so runny but i thought the fat free cheddar was great. i will be making this again!!!
- 2 cups diced tomatoes, canned, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs, plain
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook macaroni in boiling (not salted) water until al dente.
- Drain macaroni, place back in pot and add the sour cream, stir well.
- Add the tomatoes to the noodles and mix.
- Add the cheddar cheese and 2 tablespoons of the parmesan and stir until well mixed.
- Pour noodle mixture into square casserole dish.
- Mix the remaining parmesan and bread crumbs and sprinkle on top of the casserole.
- Bake until bubbly and brown (20-30 minutes) and enjoy!