Recipe by **Mandy**
I love lemon curd or lemon butter as we call it here in Oz but it's quite fattening so I went searching for a lighter version and found this on a website called Bakingsheet. Recipe can easily be increased.
Top Review by Charlotte J
You will not miss the butter in this curd recipe. I like this just as well as the recipe I use that calls for butter. I did not add the vanilla because I want to taste all that lemon goodness. This was the perfect amount to fit into the Gerber infant food container, the larger one of the two sizes. I'm sure it will be gone by tomorrow night. Made for Zaar Stars Tag Game
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice or 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small sauce pan, over medium heat, dissolve sugar into lemon juice. Add zest.
- Lightly beat egg in a small/medium bowl. Whisking constantly, slowly pour lemon/sugar syrup into the egg. Beat for 2 minutes (only 1 if you're using a mixer), then transfer back into the saucepan.
- Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until it just starts to bubble at the edges. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to a small container and store in the fridge.