1/6 Photos of Lighter Lemon - Lime Curd (No Butter)
I love lemon curd or lemon butter as we call it here in Oz but it's quite fattening so I went searching for a lighter version and found this on a website called Bakingsheet. Recipe can easily be increased.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small sauce pan, over medium heat, dissolve sugar into lemon juice. Add zest.
- 2Lightly beat egg in a small/medium bowl. Whisking constantly, slowly pour lemon/sugar syrup into the egg. Beat for 2 minutes (only 1 if you're using a mixer), then transfer back into the saucepan.
- 3Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until it just starts to bubble at the edges. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- 4Transfer to a small container and store in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lighter Lemon - Lime Curd (No Butter)
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.0
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 18.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 1.6 g