Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sometimes we want a pasta sauce that is a little lighter than the standard heavy cream style of an Alfredo Sauce. This is a great compromise. We have a cavatelli machine and crank out delicious corkscrew pasta- this is the perfect addition!
- Saute olive oil, butter, garlic and red pepper flakes in small sauce pan over medium heat until garlic is slightly browned.
- Put milk, neufchatel cheese, and half of the Parmesan cheese in a food processor. Blend until creamy and add to pan, stir well. Next, add the chicken broth and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, add the remaining parmesan and the mozzarella, stirring until melted and the sauce is well blended.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta as desired.
Hmmm. mix review on this one. I loved the idea of a lemony alfredo, but 1/2 cup lemon juice seemed a bit much, and it was. My husband thought it was too much lemon. My 5 yr old won't eat it past the first bite and he eats everything, indian, thai, sushi etc. I rated it 3 stars because I did like it, but as my husband pointed out, I love sour patch kids and extremely strong/spicy flavors. So, 0 stars from my kid, 2 from my husband, 3 from me. Perhaps less lemon juice would be better but thank you for sharing, its all a matter of personal taste. :)