Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sometimes we want a pasta sauce that is a little lighter than the standard heavy cream style of an Alfredo Sauce. This is a great compromise. We have a cavatelli machine and crank out delicious corkscrew pasta- this is the perfect addition!
- Saute olive oil, butter, garlic and red pepper flakes in small sauce pan over medium heat until garlic is slightly browned.
- Put milk, neufchatel cheese, and half of the Parmesan cheese in a food processor. Blend until creamy and add to pan, stir well. Next, add the chicken broth and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, add the remaining parmesan and the mozzarella, stirring until melted and the sauce is well blended.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta as desired.