Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe was updated from an older Lazy Lasagna recipe using lighter, healthier ingredients.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 8 ounces whole wheat egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 3⁄4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook turkey until browned; drain.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine the cottage cheese and sour cream; fold in noodles.
- In a greased 3 quart baking dish, layer half of the noodle mixture and meat mixture. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until chesse is melted.