Recipe by ktdid
I started making this as a way to increase soy protein in our diets, but it's Weight Watchers friendly, too, at 5 points per serving.
- 9 -12 lasagna noodles, cooked (or use the kind you don't have to cook first, just add some extra water to the sauce)
- 1⁄2 lb extra lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 (27 ounce) jarprepared pasta sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 8 ounces fat-free ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces low-fat firm tofu
- 2 cups grated lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine tofu, ricotta, and herbs. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine pasta sauce, stewed tomatoes and ground beef.
- Lightly spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with nonstick coating. Place 3-4 noodles in the bottom. Spread with one-third of the cheese mixture and top with one third of the tomato sauce mixture. Sprinkle with one-third of the mozarella. Repeat, creating two more layers. Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.