1 hr 30 mins
I started making this as a way to increase soy protein in our diets, but it's Weight Watchers friendly, too, at 5 points per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 -12 lasagna noodles, cooked (or use the kind you don't have to cook first, just add some extra water to the sauce)
- 1/2 lb extra lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 (27 ounce) jar prepared pasta sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 8 ounces fat-free ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces low-fat firm tofu
- 2 cups grated lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine tofu, ricotta, and herbs. Set aside.
- 3In another bowl, combine pasta sauce, stewed tomatoes and ground beef.
- 4Lightly spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with nonstick coating. Place 3-4 noodles in the bottom. Spread with one-third of the cheese mixture and top with one third of the tomato sauce mixture. Sprinkle with one-third of the mozarella. Repeat, creating two more layers. Top with parmesan cheese.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lighter Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.6
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 431.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 8.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free ricotta cheese
low-fat firm tofu
lowfat mozzarella cheese