Our family is trying to cut calories and fat wherever we can, so I came up with this mixture of a hash brown casserole and a green bean casserole. All of the hash brown recipes used a lot of butter, but I only used a couple of tablespoons of Smart Balance stick butter. Make sure the green beans are drained very well and although I only used one can in my recipe feel free to use more. I was going to chop up some leftover Corned Beef, and throw it in too but I didn't have it but it was great just as is.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (20 ounce) bag shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1 large onion, Chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 -2 French style green bean, drained well
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 4 tablespoons melted margarine (Smart Balance sticks)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided or
- 1 (10 ounce) can 98% fat-free cheddar cheese soup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix soup(s), sour cream, butter, 1/4 cup cheese and salt and pepper together.
- 3Add hashbrowns and green beans and mix thoroughly.
- 4Spread in a greased 9X13 pan. Cook for 45 mins and then add rest of cheese and broil for 5-10 mins or until browned.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lighter Hash Brown and Green Bean Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.8
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 292.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
French style green beans
98% fat-free cheddar cheese soup