Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Our family is trying to cut calories and fat wherever we can, so I came up with this mixture of a hash brown casserole and a green bean casserole. All of the hash brown recipes used a lot of butter, but I only used a couple of tablespoons of Smart Balance stick butter. Make sure the green beans are drained very well and although I only used one can in my recipe feel free to use more. I was going to chop up some leftover Corned Beef, and throw it in too but I didn't have it but it was great just as is.
- 1 (20 ounce) bagshredded hash browns, thawed
- 1 large onion, Chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 -2 French style green bean, drained well
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 4 tablespoons melted margarine (Smart Balance sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided or
- 1 (10 ounce) can 98% fat-free cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix soup(s), sour cream, butter, 1/4 cup cheese and salt and pepper together.
- Add hashbrowns and green beans and mix thoroughly.
- Spread in a greased 9X13 pan. Cook for 45 mins and then add rest of cheese and broil for 5-10 mins or until browned.