Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love stroganoff and this is one I can eat without feeling too guilty.
Make and share this 'Lighter' Hamburger Stroganoff recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef (no more than 10% fat)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons wine (whatever you have)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream (or light sc or fat-free plain yogurt)
- 12 ounces cooked No Yolks egg noodle substitute
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet; add wine and onions; cook until soft.
- Remove from skillet, set aside.
- Add meat to skillet; cook thoroughly.
- Stir in flour.
- Slowly add broth while stirring.
- Add onion and drained mushrooms.
- Cook over med-low until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; add sour cream and heat through.
- Serve over cooked noodles.
This was VERY tasty. I added a little sea salt and pepper. I just preferred a bit more salt but some may enjoy it as is. I only had red wine vinegar so I used that. I also did not have any mushrooms in the house so I will need to add those next time. HOwever, since I wanted this to be a full meal, I added some spinach. I also didn't have noodles so just used elbow macaroni. Thank you for the recipe!