Recipe by jonesies
A lighter version of ham and cheese noodle casserole, it uses cottage cheese and veggies for fillers, and tastiness from dill. Even the kids devoured this one.
Top Review by *Parsley*
For a "lighter" casserole, this is really creamy and tasty. I loved the dill flavor. I chose broccoli for the vegetable. I used wide noodles because that's what I had. The only thing I added was some chopped onion. Thanx for a great "lighter" ham casserole!
- 6 ounces fine noodles (yolk free, uncooked)
- 1 1⁄2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 cup cooked ham, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add noodles and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 2 quart baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.