Recipe by threeovens
A lighter version of guacamole made with green peas.
Top Review by Pneuma
muy delicioso! I reduced the onions too and even my picky DH said it was so good! We served this as a side dish for burritos but can be eaten easily as is or with a slice of bread or tortilla. Muchas gracias, Ice Cool Kitty!
- 1 1⁄2 cups green peas (frozen or fresh)
- 6 tablespoons water
- 6 small Hass avocadoes or 4 large florida avocados
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl lightly mash avocados. Put the thawed peas and the water in a blender to process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Remove and add to the bowl with the avocados. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover with plastic wrap, pressed tightly to the guacamole to prevent browning. Refrigerate.