Recipe by Annacia
It was lunch time, I looked in the fridge and found left over cooked ham and asparagus. Hummm, why not! It turned out great and lighter than the usual grilled sandwich.
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 2 ounces lean ham (deli or baked, can use more if you like)
- 2 slices fat-free swiss cheese
- 6 steamed asparagus spears, bottom ends trimmed to fit the bread (leftover is fine, use more or less as you choose)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons healthy balance margarine, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Use 3/4 tsp margarine on one slice of bread and lay it in a cool skillet naked side up.
- Place 1 slice of the cheese on the bread.
- Top that with the ham.
- Layer on the asparagus.
- Top with the second cheese slice.
- Spread the remaining 3/4 tsp of margarine and place it on the sandwich.
- Turn on the heat and grill to your liking, flip it and grill the other side.
- Serve hot and enjoy.