Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
A healthy version of a classic French peasant dish.
- 1⁄2 savoy cabbage, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 g Canadian bacon, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 3 shallots, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 200 g flour
- 250 ml nonfat milk
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Steam the cabbage for 3 minutes. Brush a pie dish with olive oil and heat in the oven.
- In a bowl, mix together the canadian bacon, eggs, shallots, garlic, parsley and seasonings. Add the flour and milk and blend into a smooth dough.
- Remove the hot pie dish from the oven. Spread half the dough over the base of the dish, spoon the cabbage on top packing it down with your hands. Cover with the remaining dough.
- Bake for 35 minutes until golden and firm.