1/1 Photo of Lighter Fare Turkey Pesto Casserole
My previous casserole recipe for this was way to high on the calorie count and fat count for my new way of eating (lifetime diet as it were). So I've revised for this lighter version which I think brings out the pesto flavor so much more. (Side note: I used leftover turkey from the freezer and because it turned out rather dry last time, this time I threw it a pot of boiling water for about 5 minutes and drained before I layered it into the casserole).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- 3Chop turkey meat to small cubes.
- 4Layer casserole as follows:.
- 51/2 of the egg noodles on the bottom.
- 6All of the turkey meat.
- 7Spread the ricotta over this carefully.
- 8Dollop or spread the pesto over the ricotta next.
- 91/2 the fresh chopped parsley sprinkled over next.
- 10The other 1/2 of the egg noodles.
- 11All of the grated cheese.
- 12Lay the tomato rings out evenly over the top.
- 13Sprinkle with the remaining parsley.
- 14Generously dust with paprika for a nice crusty top.
- 15Place dish in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lighter Fare Turkey Pesto Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.3
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 40.5 mg
- Sodium 281.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 17.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: