Recipe by HeatherFeather
A simple but very tasty dessert. I noted in my cookbook "Good enough for company" when I first tried this. Adapted from a Joanna Lund cookbook. The brandy extract and the fresh nutmeg really makes this special. I have made this only using brandy flavor extract, but I think it would be also nice with rum flavoring.
Top Review by Annacia
This is a very nice dessert that I enjoyed. The pudding is light textured and would be very nice after a holiday dinner, The flavor is more of a nod toward eggnog than being "noggy". I used the brandy extract and the rum might help mimic more, at least for me, as we use rum in it if we add alcohol at all. Being a diabetic I do appreciate a dessert with numbers this low and it does have a very nice flavor that is easy to enjoy.
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix (4 serving size)
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar-free Cool Whip (or you can use Cool Whip Free if your concern is fat more than sugar)
- 1 teaspoon brandy extract or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (I prefer freshly grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry pudding mix with milk using a whisk to beat well.
- Fold in Cool Whip and brandy extract to blend.
- Spoon into 4 glass goblets or custard dishes and grate a bit of fresh nutmeg over the top of each.
- Chill at least 20 minutes (if you need to chill longer, cover them with some plastic wrap).