1/1 Photo of Lighter Coconut Macaroons
Entered for safe-keeping. From Heart-Healthy Living by BH&G, Winter 2008.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 Celsius). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In a large bowl, combine coconut, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- 3In a medium bowl, beat egg white and salt with electric mixer until it holds soft peaks.
- 4Fold whipped whites into coconut mixture.
- 5Using a teaspoon, drop small mounds of mixture, measuring about 1 1/2 inches (3.81 cm) in diameter, about 1 1/4 inches (3.18 cm) apart on the prepared sheet.
- 6With slightly wet fingertips, pinch the mounds to make them slightly narrower and taller, about 1 inch (2.54 cm) tall with a slightly pinched top.
- 7Bake for 15-17 minutes, rotating the sheet from back to front after 10 minutes.
- 8(Some coconut shreds on top will be dark brown.) Slide the parchment off the cookie sheet and onto a wire rack.
- 9After 10 minutes of cooling, remove the macaroons from the parchment with a thin metal spatula, and place them directly on the wire rack to finish cooling.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lighter Coconut Macaroons
Serving Size: 1 (14 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.9
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 1.6 mg
- Sodium 35.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 0.7 g