Recipe by texas*gal
This is a great recipe I found in the San Antonio Express-News. It would be easy to vary it with different vegetables. I like to add fresh spinach just before it's done cooking (just long enough to wilt the spinach). I also season the chicken with Italian seasoning in addition to salt before cooking. We serve it with pasta and love it! Approximately 4 Weight Watchers points per serving.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place over medium-high heat.
- Add lightly salted chicken breasts to pan and turn when chicken is golden brown (about 4 minutes); turn and brown second side.
- Cover and cook for another 5 minutes, or until no longer pink inside and the juices run clear.
- Remove from pan, cover and keep warm.
- Heat oil in same pan, then add onion, sweet pepper and garlic. Cover and cook 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add wine or chicken broth.
- Add diced tomato, olives, salt and pepper. Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, or until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Return warm chicken to pan and coat with sauce.
- Add basil at the end and stir into sauce.