- 14 ounces cooked chicken
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2⁄3 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook macaroni in salted boiling water until al dente, drain and place in casserole.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the cheese, add 1 ounce of the cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Mix thouroughly.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly over the top. Bake 20 to 30 minutes, until bubbling around the edges and the cheese is melted and crisp.