Lighter Cherry-Oatmeal Muffins (Diabetes-Friendly)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper cups.
- With a wire whisk, combine oats, both types of flour, both types of sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine buttermilk, Egg Beater, oil and almond extract in a small bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the oat and flour mixture. Add liquid ingredients. Stir until just moist.
- Fold in chopped cherries.
- Spoon muffin mixture into muffin pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes.