Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
A modification of an existing recipe to make it diabetes-friendly.
Make and share this Lighter Cherry-Oatmeal Muffins (Diabetes-Friendly) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 brown sugar
- 1⁄4 Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup cherries, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper cups.
- With a wire whisk, combine oats, both types of flour, both types of sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine buttermilk, Egg Beater, oil and almond extract in a small bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the oat and flour mixture. Add liquid ingredients. Stir until just moist.
- Fold in chopped cherries.
- Spoon muffin mixture into muffin pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes.