Recipe by Old widow
This may not be considered a real "diet food" but the lite cream cheese does reduce the calories a bit. I have made this many times for company and noone has ever known it is a bit healthier for them. I think it is best served cold and really only keeps a day or so in the fridge. I think I got this from a Pillsbury cookbook.
- 2 (8 ounce) cansrefrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 (8 ounce) containers light cream cheese spread, plain
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 -2 tablespoon nonfat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll 1 of the cans of crescent rolls and press into greased 13x9 inch pan to form crust.
- Beat cream cheese spread, 3/4 cups of the powdered sugar, egg white and vanilla until well blended. Spread onto dough in pan. Cover with pie filling.
- Unroll other can of rolls and on wax paper, pat out to form a large 13x9 inch rectangle. Invert onto pie filling to form top crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 t0 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 20 minutes.
- Gradually add milk to remaining powdered sugar, drizzle over danish in pan.
- Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers.