We love Carbonara, but not all the fat that comes with it. Here is my version that is a little lighter. (compare to "regular" carbonara with 35 + grams of fat and 650mg + grams of sodium per serving). It's not the same as regular carbonara, but it won't kill you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil spaghetti per directions, al dente.
- 2In frying pan, heat olive oil.
- 3Add ham and red pepper flakes and saute about 3 minutes.
- 4Add garlic and saute 2 minutes more.
- 5Mix in wine, scraping the bottom of the pan.
- 6In a separate bowl, whisk the 2 egg yolks with about 1/2 cup of hot pasta water.
- 7Drain spaghetti and add to the frying pan and toss well.
- 8Add the egg mixture to the frying pan and toss well.
- 9Toss all with romano cheese.
- 10Serve with a nice salad or some fruit.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lighter Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.6
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 124.1 mg
- Sodium 312.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 19.0 g