1/2 Photos of Lighter Buttermilk Biscuits
Chris from Kansas's Note:
Here it is - the perfect lower-fat biscuit recipe. I was pleasantly surprised when I first tried this recipe and found it to be light and flakey like the more deadly ones.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425.
- 2Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar into the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
- 4Process for about 2 seconds.
- 5Drop the margarine pieces on top of the flour and process for about 8 seconds.
- 6The mixture will be the consistency of coarse crumbs.
- 7Do not overprocess.
- 8Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl.
- 9Alternatively, cut the margarine into the flour using a pastry blade, 2 forks, or your fingertips.
- 10Stir the buttermilk into the dry ingredients with a fork just until combined.
- 11When the biscuit dough holds together, drop it by large spoonfuls onto the baking sheet.
- 12Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the biscuits are puffy and lightly browned.
- 13Serve them immediately.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lighter Buttermilk Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (592 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.7
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 1.1 mg
- Sodium 231.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 3.5 g