Rise well, beautiful color.. Healthy, Low fat, but sooo good... Oatmeal Raisin cookie meets muffin..yum.! What more could you ask for? These muffins are wonderfully moist..versatile as well! Go ahead and replace the applesauce with banana for a change... its GREAT! Do try? Feedback appreciated.
- 1 cup oats (quick or oldfashioned)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 eggs or 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup raisins (or just DUMP some in!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray 12 cup muffin pan.
- Combine oats and milk in a small bowl, let stand.
- Sift together the flours and all dry ingredients.
- Mix together the egg, sugar, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Mix the oats and milk mixture into the egg mixture.
- Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in raisins.
- Transfer into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes for muffin tin.
- Take out, ENJOY!