Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Diabetes-friendly. IMPORTANT: This makes 24 full-sized muffins (double what most muffin recipes make), so you'll need to have 2 muffin tins ready to go.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Beat eggs in a medium or large mixing bowl. Add oil, applesauce, vanilla and lemon zest. Beat together (I used a whisk for all of this).
- Gradually beat-in sour cream.
- Combine dry ingredients and make a well in the middle. Pour wet mixture into the well and combine dry and wet ingredients. Stir only as much as needed to combine the ingredients. Do not over-stir.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the center of a muffin comes out clean.