Mary Anne's Note:
This is an easy recipe that I make a lot.....perfect comfort food - without the guilt! I love having leftovers of this to take to work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs beef sirloin steaks
- 2 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine (or butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat sour cream or 1 1/2 cups low-fat sour cream
- 3 cups hot, cooked egg noodles
- 1Cut the beef into thin, bite-sized strips (this is easier if the beef is slightly frozen).
- 2Cook mushrooms, onions, and garlic in a skillet over medium heat until unions are tender.
- 3Remove from skillet and set aside.
- 4Brown the beef in the skillet.
- 5Stir in 1 cup of the beef broth, the salt, and the Worcestershire sauce.
- 6Heat to boiling, then reduce heat.
- 7Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- 8This is a good time to prepare the noodles if they are not already cooked.
- 9After 15 minutes, stir in remaining 1/2 cup broth into the flour, then stir into the beef mixture (minimizing lumps).
- 10Add the onion, mushrooms, and garlic mixture.
- 11Stir and heat to boiling.
- 12Boil and stir for one minute.
- 13Stir in the sour cream and serve over noodles.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lighter Beef Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.9
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 97.8 mg
- Sodium 503.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 29.6 g