Recipe by tootles
This is an option for anyone who loves banana bread and mufffins, but not the fat and calories that usually go with them.
Top Review by Breeze144
These were fantastic muffins! I have been searching for a recipe without eggs and I'm so excited to find one that makes great muffins! I love the combination of apples and bananas. These were very moist and tasty!
- 3 large bananas
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas and add chopped apple, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In a large bowl, mix splenda and margarine until smooth, add applesauce, then add banana mixture to this bowl.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour and add baking soda, baking powder and salt, then add to wet ingredients.
- Add nuts if desired.
- Pour into muffin tins lined with paper cups and bake for 20-25 minutes.