Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an option for anyone who loves banana bread and mufffins, but not the fat and calories that usually go with them.
- 3 large bananas
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas and add chopped apple, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In a large bowl, mix splenda and margarine until smooth, add applesauce, then add banana mixture to this bowl.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour and add baking soda, baking powder and salt, then add to wet ingredients.
- Add nuts if desired.
- Pour into muffin tins lined with paper cups and bake for 20-25 minutes.