Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Using sunsweet makes this Lower in fat because it replaces butter, margarine, oil and shortening with a fruit based replacement. Lighter Bake is naturally 100% fat and cholesterol free and is excellent in your heart healthy recipes.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, Packed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter substitute, Sunsweet Lighter Bake (if you do use butter please take note to use double the amount)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray baking sheets lightly with Pam (or use baking parchment paper to avoid any need to prepare pans); set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat together sugars, Lighter Bake, egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- Stir into Lighter Bake mixture.
- Stir in oats and raisins.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Cool on racks.
- Enjoy GUILT FREE!
I used the Sunsweet Lighter Bake product and these turned out fantastic! No chocolate chips but 3/4 cup of raisins. Yummy!
I used light butter, but they turned out great!
Fantastic! I've already eatten too many! I did use real margarine, but only cause I'm not sure where to find a butter substitute. I missed your note though and only used 1/3 cup, but they were still great. Next time though (because I'm not big on sweets) I will omit the chocolate chips and add more raisins instead