Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Cooking Light, I haven't tried it yet, but I can't wait to.
Make and share this Lighter Apple Spice Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 3 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup apple, chopped and peeled Braeburn
- 2 tablespoons apple brandy
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place first 4 ingredients in a large bowl and beat well with mixer at med speed until well blended, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat well after each addition. Stir in apple and brandy. Spoon mixture into an 8" square pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a pick comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, cool completely on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.