Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This apple crisp recipe uses less butter and still tastes great.
Top Review by echo echo
This came out very well & I like the fact that there is no salt added which kept the sodium count relatively low. To the apples I added 1/4 c raisins, soaked in warm water 5 min & then drained, but it would have been just as delicious without it.
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled cooking apples (5 medium, granny smith are good)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a 1-qt. casserole, combine apples with 1/3 cup sugar and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, combine all topping ingredients except margarine.
- Cut in margarine until crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over apples.
- Bake covered at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Refrigerate remaining dessert.