Recipe by Annabel31
Lighter version of Paula Dean's pimento cheese created by Bobby Dean for his show, "Not My Mama's Meals".
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 118.29 ml low fat mozzarella, finely grated
- 158.51 ml Greek yogurt, plain nonfat
- 29.58 ml chives, chopped fresh
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 8 slice whole wheat bread
- 1 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, add the Cheddar, mozzarella, yogurt, chives, salt and pepper, green and red peppers and jalapeno.
- Stir well to combine.
- Spread the mixture evenly among 4 slices of bread and top with a couple of slices of tomato.
- Top with the remaining slices of bread.
- Spray a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat with nonstick spray.
- Place the 4 sandwiches in the pan and let cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Flip the sandwiches and continue cooking until the cheese melts, another 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately.