Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This actually turned out very good. I served it with whole wheat pasta, scallops, peas and mushrooms all mixed together. Also, I LOVE garlic, so I added a lot and I didnt add any salt while cooking, so adjust it to your tastes.
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 1⁄2-3 tablespoons fresh grated romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- on med-low heat sautee garlic in butter until softened and fragrant.
- turn down the heat and slowly add milk and half and half.
- stir in cheeses and flour.
- stir frequently to combine.
- when fully mixed turn up the heat a bit and continue stirring until sauce thickens.
- remove from heat and serve with pasta and your choice of anything else!
I served this over fettucine pasta and it was very good, the sauce was nice and garlicy (we love garlic too) but I felt that there wasn't quite enough for two people... or maybe my man just eats a lot lol. Next time I might double the recipe just to be safe. Thanks!
A very nice alfredo sauce. This thickened up beautifully. I switched the order of steps 2 & 3, stirring the flour into the oil before adding the milk.I used olive oil rather than butter and fat free evaporated milk. It was great on Angel Hair Pasta and Crab with Alfredo Sauce #37225.