Recipe by kaitlin384
This actually turned out very good. I served it with whole wheat pasta, scallops, peas and mushrooms all mixed together. Also, I LOVE garlic, so I added a lot and I didnt add any salt while cooking, so adjust it to your tastes.
Top Review by Mistress of Tea
I served this over fettucine pasta and it was very good, the sauce was nice and garlicy (we love garlic too) but I felt that there wasn't quite enough for two people... or maybe my man just eats a lot lol. Next time I might double the recipe just to be safe. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 1⁄2-3 tablespoons fresh grated romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- on med-low heat sautee garlic in butter until softened and fragrant.
- turn down the heat and slowly add milk and half and half.
- stir in cheeses and flour.
- stir frequently to combine.
- when fully mixed turn up the heat a bit and continue stirring until sauce thickens.
- remove from heat and serve with pasta and your choice of anything else!