Recipe by Victorio
Nice and spicy! This is a hearty meal worth the time. The longer the chicken is simmered the more tender it will be. Be sure to keep the temperature on low. This is also a set and forget dish and over seasoning is not too likely.
Top Review by Queen uh Cuisine
I didn't cook this as long as recommended. I probably cooked the chicken for about 15 minutes. I also used salsa instead of hot sauce and I added a whole jar of pasta sauce, 4 oz was not enough for me :)......It was a big hit at my house. Thanks Victorio for a great easy meal!!! Made for PAC Spring '09
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (3)
- 2 ounces diced onions
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 ounce corn oil
- 2 ounces lemon juice
- 4 ounces pasta sauce
- 4 ounces water
- 4 ounces hot red pepper sauce
- 16 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 ounces margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into 1 1/4 inch chunks.
- Place corn oil and chicken into pot and heat on low for about 45 minutes or until half cooked.
- Add above ingredients (except for pepper sauce) and mix thoroughly.
- Let simmer on low for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until chicken is tender. Spoon in hot sauce and stir mixture thoroughly.
- Boil egg noodles according to package and strain.
- Add butter and mix well.
- Lay chicken on top of noodles and serve.