1/1 Photo of Lightened up Thumbprint Cookies
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
These jam-filled cookies are slimmed down with a butter substitute. Recipe is from Woman's World.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon low-sugar strawberry preserves
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder and salt; reserve.
- 4In large bowl, with spoon, mix spread and brown and granulated sugars until creamy.
- 5Stir in egg white, 1/2 t zest and vanilla until well combined.
- 6Stir in reserved flour mixture until just combined.
- 7Coat tablespoon and hands with cooking spray.
- 8Roll level tablespoonfuls of dough into balls; place on baking sheet.
- 9Using end of wooden spoon, make indentation in center of each cookie, pressing 3/4 of the way through.
- 10Bake 9-10 minutes or until edges are just set.
- 11Cool completely on racks.
- 12Stir together confectioners' sugar, remaining 1/4 t zest and 1 t water; drizzle over cookies.
- 13Fill each cookie with 1/4 t preserves.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lightened up Thumbprint Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 62.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
low-sugar strawberry preserves