Cook1 hr 30 mins
These jam-filled cookies are slimmed down with a butter substitute. Recipe is from Woman's World.
Make and share this Lightened up Thumbprint Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg white
- 3⁄4 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon low-sugar strawberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; reserve.
- In large bowl, with spoon, mix spread and brown and granulated sugars until creamy.
- Stir in egg white, 1/2 t zest and vanilla until well combined.
- Stir in reserved flour mixture until just combined.
- Coat tablespoon and hands with cooking spray.
- Roll level tablespoonfuls of dough into balls; place on baking sheet.
- Using end of wooden spoon, make indentation in center of each cookie, pressing 3/4 of the way through.
- Bake 9-10 minutes or until edges are just set.
- Cool completely on racks.
- Stir together confectioners' sugar, remaining 1/4 t zest and 1 t water; drizzle over cookies.
- Fill each cookie with 1/4 t preserves.