Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I saw this recipe in one of Rachel Ray's magazines but since I am really trying to eat healthier these days, I lightened it up. It turned out pretty good.
- 16 ounces store bought pizza dough, preferably whole wheat
- 2 cups pastrami, sliced into strips (I like the store bought light versions)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sauerkraut, store bought
- 1⁄2 cup thousand island dressing, a store bought light version
- 1⁄2 cup bread and butter pickles, sliced thinly (I like the zesty flavored ones)
- 8 ounces lowfat swiss cheese (4 slices)
- Separate pizza dough into four sections. Roll out each one into a 12 inch circle. Use flour to keep from sticking.
- Spread 1/4th of the thousand island dressing on each dough circle.
- Add 1/4th of the pastrami, sour kraut, and pickles to the center of each circle. Place 1 slice of cheese on top of each serving.
- Fold each circle in half (into a semi-circle) and seal edges with a fork and a bit of water. Slice two holes in the top of each calzone.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown.