1/1 Photo of Lightened up Lemon-Chicken Velvet Soup
This is a lower calorie version of Lemon-Chicken Velvet Soup, from TOH Cooking for 2 publication, spring 2008. Insetad of the heavy cream, I subbed milk and fat-free cream cheese, making it a little more "brothy" but very tasty nonetheless. You can substitute canned white meat chicken breast for the chicken here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat margarine
- 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour (or regular flour)
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 9 ounces sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1Spray treat a medium soup pot with non-stick cooking spray, and heat over medium. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2In the same pot, melt margarine. Stir in flour, and then slowly add chicken broth, stirring out the flour chunks. Add lemon juice. Bring to a boil, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- 3Stir in the chicken, peas, parsley, optional salt, and lemon peel. Cook 5-7 minutes, until chicken is heated through and peas are starting to tender.
- 4Reduce heat and add milk. Heat for 2-3 minutes, and add cream cheese. Heat through and stir until cream cheese is melted. Do not boil.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lightened up Lemon-Chicken Velvet Soup
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.9
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 417.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 28.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free cream cheese