Prep 4 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is how we like ours although you may omit the yogurt for the more authentic style. We enjoy this with the delicious meal of Shoarma Spice Mix marinated chicken breast, Lebanese Rice With Sharia (Vermicelli) (Gluten Free) & Middle Eastern Lebanese Fattoush Bread Salad, omitting the bread to be gluten free. A meal like the Ottawa restaurants' only way better! Modified from experimenting with Garlic Mayonnaise (Aioli) to fit the Lebanese meal.
- 1⁄2 cup hellman's olive oil mayonnaise, to be soy free
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic, to taste (it will get stronger the longer you leave it before serving)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons balkan yogurt, to taste (omit if preferred, but this is what gives it a lighter taste that we prefer)
- sea salt, to taste (if needed, I don't use anymore as there is enough salt in the mayonnaise)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Mix it all up.
- Refrigerate 1 hour. If left longer it will become stronger in flavour.
- Serve as you wish or as stated in Introduction for a great meal masha Allah.
The best Toum recipe I've tried so far ( I've had a couple of failures). I used zester to mince the garlic very fine. The yogurt is what made it stand out, but what I liked about it the most was that afterwards my arms weren't falling off from grinding and whisking, like with other recipes. I was still able to prepare the rest of the dinner :-) Thank you.