Recipe by what-a-kerfuffle
From Gina's Skinny Recipes http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/02/garlic-cheddar-biscuits.html#more
Top Review by Cinnamon Turtle
Yum,,,these are really good! They're perfect with soup of salad. Two of us polished off the whole sheet. They aren't health food, but they're a definite improvement over the regular version. I had a little difficulty with spreading the garlic butter on top of the biscuits. It was a little messy. Next time, I'll probably put all the garlic in the biscuits and brush the tops with the butter with a little garlic powder added. Will definitely be making these again. Made for PAC game.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh, chopped
- 2 cups reduced-fat baking mix
- 3 1⁄2 ounces cheddar cheese, reduced-fat
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a small frying pan, add half the garlic and saute on low heat about 1 minute. Remove from heat and add parsley.
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix, cheddar cheese, and remaining garlic. Stir in milk and mix (do not over mix). Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls (1.5 oz each) onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Brush or drizzle biscuits with melted butter. Bake for 5 more minutes, or until lightly browned on the bottom.