Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A somewhat lighter version of many different chicken/tuna casserole dishes here.....Same great taste though!!!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil chicken breast until tender; drain and cube.
- Spread evenly over the bottom of a square casserole dish.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix sour cream and chicken soup in a separate bowl.
- Spread the sour cream and soup mixture over the chicken in the casserole dish.
- Spread panko crumbs over top of the casserole.
- Spoon melted margarine on top over all.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until top is golden brown, approximately 20-30 minutes.
I used chicken tenderloins, cut them in chunks and did not pre-cook them. I also did not use fat free sour cream because I find it to be too tart, so I used "light" sour cream. Baked for 30 minutes and then popped under the broiler to crisp up the panko a little more. Moist, tender chicken and yummy sauce. Really enjoyed the panko/butter topping. I will be making this again and I think I'll serve it over a herb & butter rice.