Recipe by nanner18411
Came up with this recipe while trying to use up what's left in the fridge before moving day. The Weight Watchers cream cheese gives it the richness of an Alfredo sauce without the guilt.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
This was our dinner last night and so glad I picked it. The taste was light and fresh. The only differance I did was use regular cream cheese; no weight watchers here in Beijing that I've been able to find. I even had to go to a special expat store to find he cream cheese and fettucine. But it's so worth the effort. Made for PAC Spring 2010
- 8 ounces spinach fettuccine
- 4 tablespoons weight watchers cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons low-fat butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- While pasta is boiling prepare 2 bowls.
- Place 2 tbsp cream cheese and reduced fat butter in each bowl.
- Take about 3 tbsps of the boiling pasta water and place in each bowl to soften the cream cheese and stir.
- Drain pasta and place equal amounts in each bowl.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper and pepper to taste and stir together until all pasta is coated.