Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Came up with this recipe while trying to use up what's left in the fridge before moving day. The Weight Watchers cream cheese gives it the richness of an Alfredo sauce without the guilt.
- 8 ounces spinach fettuccine
- 4 tablespoons weight watchers cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons low-fat butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- While pasta is boiling prepare 2 bowls.
- Place 2 tbsp cream cheese and reduced fat butter in each bowl.
- Take about 3 tbsps of the boiling pasta water and place in each bowl to soften the cream cheese and stir.
- Drain pasta and place equal amounts in each bowl.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper and pepper to taste and stir together until all pasta is coated.
This was our dinner last night and so glad I picked it. The taste was light and fresh. The only differance I did was use regular cream cheese; no weight watchers here in Beijing that I've been able to find. I even had to go to a special expat store to find he cream cheese and fettucine. But it's so worth the effort. Made for PAC Spring 2010
Amazing, Easy, Impressive.
I did not plan ahead and buy the exact ingredients for this but I used penne regate and light butter and 1/3 less fat creme cheese. My daughter, who does not typically like pasta said, "Mom this is REALLY good!" I felt good about the reduction in calories and I loved the short list of ingredients. I can honestly tell you that this will go in my BEST OF ZAAR SO FAR cookbook and it will be something that I will make on a regular basis. Thanks so much.