1/3 Photos of Lightened up Cottage Pie With Golden Mash for 2
1 hr 5 mins
I wanted a lighter cottage pie (cottage pie being made with beef and shepherd's with lamb) so I came up with this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g extra lean ground beef
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce (ktchup)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 3/4 cup green peas (I use frozen)
- 1 cup water
- 4 teaspoons brown gravy mix
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 350 g potatoes, chopped into chunks (2 medium)
- 300 g pumpkin, peeled and seeded, k chopped into chunks
- 2 teaspoons butter (I used light Logicol)
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1Put the meat, celery, carrot, onion and garlic in a heavy based frying pan and cook over medium heat until the meat changes colour and the veg are softened-this took about 10 minutes.
- 2Add the sauces, herbs and water; bring to the boil and cook a further 10 minutes.
- 3Add in the peas for a few minutes.
- 4Mix the gravy mix with a tablespoon or two of extra water, then stir this through the meat mix.
- 5Allow it to thicken and cook for a couple more minutes, then remove from the heat and stir through the half teaspoon of black pepper and the chopped parsley.
- 6Pour into a 6 cup baking dish.
- 7Meanwhile while all that was happening, you should have cooked your potatoes and pumpkin in a pot of lightly salted water until tender (this should take about 20 minutes).
- 8Drain and mash with the butter and salt and pepper.
- 9Top the meat mix in the baking dish with the mash and sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top.
- 10Bake in a moderate oven until bubbling, golden and heated right through.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lightened up Cottage Pie With Golden Mash for 2
Serving Size: 1 (765 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.3
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 92.0 mg
- Sodium 567.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 38.0 g