Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Created for a ZWT3 Challenge, this recipe was lightened in calories and fat. I love anything Chocolate and even better if you can stick veggies in it for the kids! Hope you enjoy and stay lite! This moist and delicious cake could also be baked in two loaf pans. Reduce baking time to 45 minutes. To make it even lighter, top the loaves or bundt cake with a glaze made out of the pineapple preserves. You can always add the coconut to the bottom of the pans before baking and pour the batter on top of the coconut so it bakes in and stays right on top of the cake.
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 29.58 ml cocoa
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml packed shredded zucchini (Skin and all)
- 59.14 ml butter
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml applesauce
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml nonfat dry milk powder
- 4 large egg whites, from large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml dried tart cherry
- 226.79 g fat free cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml pineapple preserves
- 118.29 ml coconut
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Sift and then mix all dry ingredients in a food processor with metal blade set aside.
- In the food processor add butter, oil and sugar mix till creamy.
- While machine is running, add applesauce through vanilla by way of the feed tube.
- Add zucchini.
- Add flour mixture.
- Add cherries and pulse to mix.
- Bake in a greased and floured bundt pan for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- In the food processor mix cheese and jam. Spread on cooled cake.
- Press coconut into frosting of cake.