Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A lighter, yet still decadent chocolate raspberry sauce. I have also used strawberry jam (light double fruit) instead of raspberry jam which turned out very well! I also omit the framboise.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam (or jam of choice)
- 2 teaspoons framboise liqueur (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Combine sugar, cocoa and cornstarch in a small saucepan; mix well.
- Add jam, and water; mix well.
- Simmer sauce on medium heat whisking constantly until slightly thickened (when it begins to boil).
- Remove from heat; add framboise (optional).
- Serve warm or cool.
- Makes about 2/3 cup.
So good! I bought some vanilla ice cream just for this sauce, and wasn't disappointed! Can't wait to try with strawberry jam (and cherry...the list goes on).